Remote/Hybrid model, flexible location, preferably from Lisbon area, Portugal.
Work with a highly-motivated team of experienced product managers, software architects and engineers, to develop enterprise-grade, high-performance, fault-tolerant, and dynamically scalable products that process hundreds of millions of biometric records in near real time, for high-profile customers all over the world.
- Write robust, reusable, secure, multi-threaded and efficient Java code for applications, libraries, and services.
- Follow OOP and SOLID principles.
- Write unit, component, and integration tests, perform code reviews, git pull/merge/approve requests.
- Troubleshoot and debug code.
- Collaborate and contribute to DevSecOps and CI/CD processes automation.
- Understand functional, non-functional, system, and user requirements.
- Actively participate and contribute to Agile software development and iterative development cycles.
- Passionate about quality, able to take initiative, eager to learn and experiment with latest technologies.
- Proficient level of English.
- Relevant degree level qualification or demonstrable equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing code for large-scale platforms and distributed systems using Java and related technologies (J2SE, J2EE, JMS, Spring, Hibernate, Maven, etc.).
- Strong practical knowledge of software design patterns, REST APIs, microservices, Pub-Sub, and DDD.
- The ability to work independently in a remote team environment.
Great If Also
- Experient with both Windows and Linux, RabbitMQ, Postgres, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Helm.
- Knowledge of AWS, Azure and/or Google Cloud. Identity management protocols and/or biometric systems.
- One or more Java certifications.