TECH5 is a young, innovative software company in the field of digital identity and biometrics. Offering technology to many vertical markets, from government to banking, healthcare to education, the company provides its technologies to partners such as systems integrators around the world. TECH5 is scaling up its operations worldwide, including setting up its key management office in Portugal. As part of this expansion, the company is looking to recruit a talented and ambitious Human Resources Manager who is seeking an opportunity to join a young, exciting company at an early stage and grow with it, working with a truly international management team from many countries.
The successful candidate will likely currently be in their first or second HR role and looking to apply their experience in an environment where HR processes need to be built, rolled out and managed across multiple geographic locations. The work environment will be dynamic, challenging, diverse and rewarding. This is an opportunity to really have an impact on the company’s growth and direction, by helping identify, hire, train and retain the best talent in a wide variety of roles, from Engineering to Marketing, from Sales to Project Management. Part of the challenge will be building an HR function from scratch that is scalable as the company grows; putting in place pragmatic procedures for managing an expanding team with a variety of needs across all continents.
As the HR manager of TECH5 you will play an important role in building the company’s strong HR brand. This role will involve working with TECH5 teams across the globe and ensuring all practices are correctly applicable and adapted to the countries in which we have people based. Some travel will likely be reuired to these locations over time. You will be reporting to the CEO. Over time and as the company grows, the right candidate may ultimately join the company senior management team.
- Develop, implement, and monitor overall HR strategy, tactics, policies and procedures across the organization.
- Develop and implement internal HR communications plan and structure.
- Develop and manage candidate evaluation and hiring process and plan globally, manage the recruitment and selection process.
- Run recruitment exercises for a variety of roles, with or without external agencies as required, to arrive at a quality shortlist for the hiring department manager to assess and close on the best candidate as quickly as possible.
- Develop an onboarding procedure for newcomers.
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues.
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital.
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance.
- Assess training needs for employees to apply and monitor training programs.
- Build and maintain departmental training plans, working with the respective departmental heads.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date organization chart.
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics.
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management.
Qualifications and attributes:
- Higher education in HR, or related field.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in international HR.
- Fluent written and spoken English as a must, additional languages an advantage.
- Excellent active listening, negotiation, presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Proven experience developing HR strategy and plans.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills.
- Experience with HR automation and CRM tools.